Posts Tagged ‘Home and Garden’
Got a bad case of the blues? Then this is your remedy… A Bottle Tree will lighten up any occasion! For thousands of years, superstition has held that bottles can trap bad spirits at night, which are then destroyed in the next day’s sunlight.
Plant your very own Bottle Tree and add a little sparkle to your garden and brighten your day! Blue bottles are the best, and they help keep the “haint” away!!!
If you know us, you know we love to use what we already have when it comes to decorating and fashion. Take a look at a few of the things we used to decorate our walls using things we had laying around.
Somewhere between an earthquake and a hurricane, we hit a benchmark of 2000 Facebook fans! The four long days we sat in electrically-challenged darkness following Hurricane Irene gave us some time to think about how we can celebrate big time (it also gave us time to create some fabulous Christmas displays but that’s another blog). As a result, we won’t just celebrate for a few hours or a day. No no no. We’re going All. Week. Long!
So beginning on Tuesday, September 6th and ending Saturday, September 10th we’ll be in par-tay mode! And when we party, you win. Here’s how it will all go down:
1) From Tuesday-Saturday (Sept. 6th-10th) you can come in once per day and receive 25% off any item of your choice (excludes sale and custom items). But you must know the secret code to get the discount so say “congratulations for hitting 2000 fans” at checkout or the discount won’t appear. Remember, this is for Facebook only fans and you gotta know the secret handshake.
2) Beginning Tuesday morning at 10am and ending Saturday evening at 5pm, we’ll be drawing a name every hour on the hour to receive a free product from A. Dodson’s. Simply drop your name and number in the basket when you arrive and cross your fingers. Be sure to write your phone number with your name and if you’re not present, we’ll call you!
3) We’re staying open late on Friday and a few of our fellow North Suffolk friends will join us for Happy Hour from 4pm-7pm. Bon VIvant will be serving up a wine tasting and what pairs better with wine than Odoodledoo’s Donut’s? Wine, donuts, door prizes and a sale! You just can’t go wrong here on Friday.
So buckle up kids! We’re about to have some fun…
Fall semester is nearly upon us…VT here we come! Hokie fans, parents, and students…send the ones you love back to school with a classic monogrammed gift. Licensed by Virginia Tech to use their logo and mascot, we can help you show off your college colors and arrive at school with cool monogrammed pieces! Typical turnaround time is 2-3 days and the sky is almost the limit in terms of what you monogram: initials, names, nicknames, jersey numbers, etc.
Every girl needs a cosmetic case. Seriously. They come an array of colors (we think the black and bright green look especially great in contrast with the Hokie Bird!
It’s 2011, and everyone’s “going green.” Guys and girls alike have to purchase those supermarket necessities…so why not do it in style? This market tote comes in navy, lime, turquoise, hot link. brown, black, red, and of course…orange. Add the Hokie Bird logo to an orange one for tailgating!
Super luxe terry bath robe feels like a hug from home! The apron has a layer of Teflon protection – grilling accidents be damned! Add a Skull and Crossbones image and monogram “Cap’t Cook!”
…Put a Hokie Bird on it – Gifts for future VT fans!
Being on the east coast of the fine Commonwealth of Virginia has its perks. Among them is an almost undeniable right to enjoy this coastal cocktail while sitting surfside, boatside or lakeside. Shake one up and toast the coast with us!
The Coastal Margarita
2 tablespoons tequila
2 tablespoons orange liquer
2 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1. Pour salt in shallow dish. Rub rim of a chilled margarita glass with a lime wedge and dip rim of glass in salt, if desired.
2. Fill cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add tequila and next 3 ingredients. Cover with lid and shake. Strain into prepared glass.
* recipe courtesy of Coastal Living
We find inspiration everywhere, from the pages of magazines to our awesome customers…and now in our new interns! We’re blogging about it to inspire you, too. Each week our interns will be here blogging about trends, fashion and how to make it work for you. Introducing Amelia and Laurel-Manette…
– Amelia Shoemaker, Runway The Real Way
The fashion world has captured my attention ever since I was a little girl. I am now living out my passion as a fashion major at Virginia Tech. My love for fashion reaches from exploring new trends to designing. As a new member of the A. Dodson’s team, I’m excited to learn more about where my talents reside and how to build on them. For my blog, Runway the Real Way, I will give you tips on how to incorporate trends of the moment into your personal style. The realm of fashion should be within reach for everyone, so learn how to show off the latest in fashion your own way and most importantly the real way.
– Laurel-Manette Wallis, The Frugal Fashionista
Bringing joy and unique flare to wardrobes has been my passion for as long as I remember. My goal is to make the art of dressing enjoyable for women of all ages, and to help reconcile your budget with your style. I couldn’t be more thrilled to be an intern here at A. Dodson’s; to experience this fabulous boutique, and learn from the creative and inspiring women who have made it what it is. I am especially excited to bring you fashion tips through this blog that mesh style and practicality, and in the coming months, I look forward to getting to know the wonderful customers who love and support the brand of A. Dodson’s.
—– Stay Tuned!